I’ve been asked why it’s turning into such an issue that I might have to wait another week before I take possession of Miranda.
Let’s start with the legal implications. I am now the registered owner of this coach and am insuring it. Therefore, I am liable for anything that happens to the coach or that it might do. If the neighbour who has the keys decides to take Miranda for a joy ride and then commits a hit and run, or if she rolls down the steep driveway on which she’s park and kills a child playing in the street, I’m liable.
Then there is the issue that I told the owner weeks ago that I needed the coach by this weekend. No, not because it would have been the perfect weekend to take her on a shakedown cruise (something that came up after I gave him the deadline), but because after this one I have only five weekends left before I leave!!!
I have to learn to drive this thing, how to tow with it, how to use its systems, as well as make the necessary renovations, upgrade the electrical systems (more solar power), install a backup camera, move in, and take it for a shake down cruise. I’m running out of time!
If I wanted to end this really badly, I could exercise my right to go to their house right now with a police officer who would then knock on every door on the street until he found the neighbour who has the keys. But that’s not my way. The owners are now aware that I know my rights, have access to lawyers (it’s very convenient to work with some), and could make their lives difficult. I trust that this will be sufficient to grease the necessary wheels.Share on Facebook