The first two loads I ran with the dishwasher set up below the counter were fine, but the two subsequent ones leaked slightly in the front of the unit. Danby countertop dishwashers are notorious for leaking from their doors, but I cannot be sure that this is the reason for the leak. I pulled the unit back out (grunt, grunt), set it up on the counter, and ran a load. No leak. Some other theories:
1) all the moving of the dishwasher jarred ‘something’, both negatively and positively;
2) the dishwasher wasn’t level in one of the positions;
3) the hoses are too low to drain properly
The leakage was really minor; I created more of a mess pulling the unit and having the hoses flail around. I know how to open up the dishwasher to fix the common Danby leak, but without being 100% sure that this is the problem, I don’t want to go through all of that. So, think, think, think and I believe I’ve come up with a solution that will also solve my hose storage problem. Thanks, Croft, for the inspiration!
I’ll do some more work on this tomorrow, provided that we get an hour or two without lashing winds and pouring rain that would soak me before I even got to the workshop.
Share on Facebook