The study has been in dire need of new window coverings since day one. It has pull down opaque roller shades. Great for a bedroom, not so great for a room where you want privacy and light. The shades were getting to be very brittle and the two on the side windows ripped, with the one on the passenger side being too far gone to salvage.
I really want blinds for this room, but they would have to be custom sized and would therefore be much too expensive for my current budget. I decided that I’d have to go with curtains for the time being. I thought of securing them to the bottom half of the window and having the top part attached with snaps or similar fasteners so I could fold it down. Not a bad idea, just needed to find fabric that would work with my design plans well enough for me to be able to live with the curtains as long as possible, but also be very cheap.
Which is how I found myself hauling home a load of really cheap stiff polyester sheets from Zellers today:
Not the nicest material in the universe, but the colours definitely work with my paint choices and the design is also suitably ‘cottagey.’
I brought home three double sheets and one twin sheet, all flat, all costing $4 each. I may exchange one package for a twin fitted to cover the ‘sofa.’ It’s not the best material for a sofa cover, but it would at least make things look unified enough until I get around to the decorating portion of the makeover.
I may even have enough blackout material to cover the bottom third of each curtain; I’ll need to dig it out and do some measuring.
This will probably end up being a summer project, but the fabric was too good a deal to pass up!Share on Facebook