Tagged with " dallas"
Mar 31, 2013 -

And the Thunder Rolls

It has been disgustingly grey out most of the time I have been here. Thankfully, there have been some nice sunny patches, but it’s mostly been icky and the humidity has been increasing. It looks like we will finally get some rain tonight. I hope it’s not too much or I will have to move to higher ground.

If I didn’t have my solenoid, I would have had to move back into the RV park by now. Between it and the weak sun, I’m holding steady between 30 and 40AH down. So I’m fine, but my batteries sure would like a full charge sooner rather than later…

Mail will determine whether or not I leave on Thursday. I still haven’t figured out where I’m going next. I’ve pretty much decided not to stop in Austin. I’ve been told several times that I need to check it out, but I’m not into the music scene and nothing about the city is calling my name while there are things I want to see in Dallas. But Dallas is even more of a challenging in terms of finding an overnighting spot, much less somewhere that I can stay for several nights at little to no charge. I may just have to bite the bullet and stay at an RV park for a couple of nights.

That said, if I end up staying here later than Thursday and into the weekend, I will consider going to Austin on a day trip. An extended stay here would put me really behind schedule, so then I will probably overnight somewhere before Dallas, stop in Dallas for the afternoon (as long as I can find a place to drop the rig), and then overnight after Dallas.

I can’t believe I absolutely need to be back in Canada in 45 days, but I am aiming for no more than 40. April is going to SPEED by.

Share on Facebook
Batteries, Battery Monitor, Boondocking/Dry camping, Campgrounds, Communications & Electronics, Countries, Electricity, Itineraries, Law and Government, Mail, Preparations for Departure, Solar Panels, Technical, Texas, Travel, USA, Weather    6 Comments
Mar 22, 2013 -

Flexible Plans

Bah, it’s another grey morning in San Antonio! I am almost 40AH down! I’m holding steady thanks to my solenoid, but I’m hoping that tomorrow’s promised sun materializes!

Looking at the forecast trends for the next several weeks, I am really not eager to start pushing north so I am once again revising my itinerary. Caroline will probably not be in Austin when I go through there, so I have decided not to stop in Texas’ capital on the way north. That said, Austin is only about an hour and a half from here. So as long as there is no problem with extending my stay here, I will probably visit Austin on a day trip and remain in Von Ormy longer than planned.

My route north takes me right through Dallas and I’ve decided that I simply cannot drive through there without visiting the Dealey Plaza! I’ve spent too much time researching and theorizing about the JFK assassination to not actually get on the ground there and see if my theories hold water.

So the plan now is to watch the weather in Wichita. As soon as it starts trending with days above zero, I will head north, and then hunker down there until it feels safe to push on… as long as L is home as he has travel plans in April. I hope we don’t miss each other! 🙁

I am beginning to think that I will likely end up doing a cannonball run to Canada at the very end of April or even beginning of May instead of a more leisurely pace that allows for sightseeing. Having to travel in the shoulder seasons sucks! 🙁

Blog Widget by LinkWithinShare on Facebook
Boondocking/Dry camping, Countries, Itineraries, Kansas, Texas, Travel, USA, Weather    12 Comments