One of the reasons I was procrastinating on the library trim is that I did not have the strength to deal with the corner that was damaged in the great leak of ’10.
I figured I’d have to remove the whole piece of paneling from that wall and then put new trim. Today, I decided that enough was enough and admitted to myself that I have no intention of rebuilding that whole wall. I looked at my scraps and found a solution. Not an ideal one, of course, but that corner is going to be hidden by my lounge chair, so it just needs to look polished.
The biggest challenge is that there are two exterior screws sticking out of the wall. The builders simply put a thicker piece of trim there and then screwed into that trim from the outside, then sealed the screws.
I decided to imitate that with what I had on hand by making holes into the back of a thick piece of wood so that I could get it to lie flush against the wall.
Thing is, the wall isn’t exactly plumb and square and I couldn’t get the board to fit perfectly. So, I had to pad it at the top with a bit of door trim. I faced the whole thing with shoe moulding and ta-dah:
While I was down there, I put in a threshold between the library flooring and the cab carpet:
As a side note, I keep moving the litter box around, but I think it’s going to live in the cab when I’m stopped.Share on Facebook